Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Felt a little scrappy tonight!

Life has been pretty busy the last few weeks! Unfortunately our whole basement flooded, forcing us to rip about 70% of it out right to the cement foundation. :( This was SO not what we needed right now (or ever) with everything that we've been dealing with this year. BUT, things could still be worse and I tell myself that every single day. We have been sleeping out in the camper for the last 3+ weeks (me, my boyfriend, and 2 of the kids) because we lost the use of our bedrooms as they were in the basement. Let me tell you one thing... I love camping, but I am SO sick of sleeping in my camper. LOL!!! A few more weeks and we SHOULD be back into the house. I can't wait.




So scrapping hasn't been happening... until tonight. I thought I'd take advantage of having a few of the kids in bed early and the man at work, and see what I could do! I went to one of my favorite scrappy challenge sites, Sketchy Thursdays and checked out their weekly sketch, got some ideas, and went to work!




This is my finished layout, a few pics of my boy from Legoland last fall in California.... I laughed so hard every time I went to take a picture of him. My normally shy and quiet guy who really disliked having his picture taken, started posing for each and every picture I took! He fit the pose to what the situation was, and it was hysterical. LOL!! These were just 3 of probably 100 pictures of him posing... :)


Colors are a bit off, as it's night time and I don't want to wait until the morning to snap an outdoor pic... ;)



I hope everyone is enjoying what is left of the summer, and having some great weather!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry to hear about your home :( I hope all gets fixed soon! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo! I am loving the photos, the scallops and the colors! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO, love the corrugated alphas and your use of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found time to play with us, Chelsea. Jackson is getting too big too fast! I hate that you are re-doing the basement again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete