Saturday, March 26, 2011

Little Brayden Update

So we went down to Winnipeg last Sunday, and had Braydens cardiologist appointment on Monday.... the tests were fast and we didn't have to wait long for the doctor, so we figured it was good news. It was not good news. We were kind of blown out of the water.
Brayden was diagnosed with Congenital Heart Disease and Congestive Heart Failure. He has 2 defects, one in his aorta and one in his mitral valve. This has also affected his lungs and has caused his heart to enlarge. We are now waiting on a call from Winnipeg to head back down for a CT scan to confirm the aortal defect and once that is finished, they will book the first surgery in Edmonton or Vancouver, probably Edmonton. There will probably be at least one more surgery to follow, if not more.
We are overwhelmed, in shock, and just sad that we didn't get better results. I had prepared myself for the possibility of surgery but this was even worse than I had prepared myself for. However, we have amazing support from all of our family and friends, and Brayden is a trooper and I know that in the end, he will get better and we will all be ok. His health and well being is being FIRST in all of our decisions from here on out.
Please send all of your prayers and love to this little peanut as we embark on a very scary and unknown journey..... thank you everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment